It is hard to know who to trust in this day and age of information overload. The Internet provides many benefits but the downside is that just about everybody can make up a story and post it for the world to see. News media often sensationalizes stories and sometimes offers only a partial picture. Scientific literature has to be examined closely to see where the funding of the research came from. Stories can be slanted by the writer’s bias.
On this resource page I offer you links to information that I, as a healthcare professional, find to be helpful. They are sources that I trust and that is why I am sharing them with you. On your journey to learn about toxins in our environment I hope you too find them helpful.
I have included, in the tables below, different types of media so you can choose your preferred delivery method. I categorized them according to main content but some may overlap in the categories. I didn’t describe them for you. Just open the links and explore, learn something new!
“10 Americans” by Environmental Working Group
For openers, this informative video of Ken Cook from the environmental
watchdog organization EWG.org is a great place to start learning.
- Intolerances ~ On food intolerances
- Riverford Organic Farms ~ from South Devon, England, recipes, food facts and more.
- Seafood Watch ~ Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Non-GMO Shopping Guide ~ Institute for Responsible Technology
- Skin Deep ~ EWG’s Cosmetics Database
- The Art of Simple Food ~ Alice Waters
- The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook ~ Alissa Segersten and Tom Malterre
- On Food and Cooking, The Science and Lore of the Kitchen ~ Harold McGee
- Gluten-Free Diet, A Comprehensive Resource Guide ~ Shelley Case
- Food ~ Jennifer Clapp
- Environment and Food ~ Colin Sage
- The Third Plate – Field Notes on the Future of Food ~ Dan Barber
- Seeds of Deception ~ Jeffrey M. Smith
- Eating Animals ~ Jonathan Safran Foer
- Clean, Green and Lean ~ Dr. Walter Crinnion
- ToxIn ToxOut ~ Bruce Lourie and Rick Smith
- Genetic Roulette ~ Jeffrey M. Smith
- Dirty Electricity ~ Samuel Milham MD MPH
- Biology of Belief ~ Bruce Lipton, PhD